Saturday, November 14, 2015

Harry Potter Spells Book Tag!

Hi everyone! I saw this tag on Tasya's blog, The Literary Huntress, and I thought it would be very fun! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed making it! :) Feel free to join in!


An upcoming release you wish you could get your hands on right now
One? Now that's difficult! After long contemplation, I think I would choose Half Lost, the third and final book in the Half Bad trilogy. I really hope Nathan ends up with Gabriel and not Annalise. Her actions are unforgivable! I really don't like her.

Favourite series starter
I thought Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was a great start to the series! Creepy, unforgettable - it had all the elements a good book should have. How can you forget any of the characters? 
A book that gave you all the warm and fuzzies
Yep, this was definitely Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I loved the plot, especially the relationship between Willem and Allyson. I haven't got round to reading Just One Year (told in Willem's perspective) but I will.
A book that made you cry ugly
How many books have brought me to tears? Way too many. But one that comes to mind is All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. The ending tore me apart. :(
A bookish hero or heroine you want around to protect you in real life
I need a Thorne. He's awesome. I love his character. I think he is real good at anything, and he won't ever get boring! He's hilarious.
A book you intentionally spoiled for yourself
I intentionally spoiled The Heir for myself, reading everyone's reviews before actually getting my hands on a copy. Oops ;)
A book you wish you could make everyone read because you love it so
I absolutely love Colleen Houck's Tiger Saga! Starting with Tiger's Curse, I fell in love with all the characters. To this day, I still don't know if I ship Kelsey with Ren or Kishan. It's so difficult! 
A book series you wish never ended
There aren't many series I wish never ended, because if it would've dragged on, losing all its former glory. (Pretty Little Liars, I'm looking at you!)
A book with an uplifting message
I think I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson was a great book. It was kinda warm and cute, written poetically (only in Noah's POV though)
A book you wish you could forget you've ever read
I wouldn't say I hated this book, but Girl Online wasn't the best. Thinking back now, there were some things that irked me about this book, and I think the worst was Penny, the main character. She was way too dependent on others.

An author books whose books always get you out of a reading slump
Anthony Horowitz's books always help my reader's block. All I do is grab an Alex Rider book and read it. The Alex Rider series is a really good read, my favourite one is Russian Roulette.

A swoon worthy hero or heroine
Two words, one name. Will Herondale.

A book that caused you to stop doing all other things until you finished it
The Young Elites by Marie Lu was incredible. I loved the plot, the conflict between characters, all of it. Adelina was a strong but dark character, and I wonder what her future will be like.
A book that was painful to read (for whatever reason) or broke you
Clockwork Princess was a really sad book, especially when we got to the epilogue. I cried :(
A book that had you laughing out loud
Rick Riordan's books are the best! I love it especially when it's narrated by Percy. He's a great narrator. So, I think Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods was the best. I love Percy's take on the gods - I couldn't stop laughing :)
A book that made you want to send it (or your e-reader) flying
In Throne of Glass, when Calaena seemed to exhibit attraction more towards Prince Dorian over Chaol. My ship was sinking rapidly. 
A bookish world you wish you could visit
I would love to visit the Londons from A Darker Shade of Magic. Grey London, Red London, White London and Black London. Although I probably won't make it back alive from White London... 
A book with a shocking twist or ending
There Will Be Lies, where Shelby's life was never what it seemed. In easier words, she was living a lie.
A character death that destroyed you
I was upset when Rue died. She was such a sweet girl - she didn't deserve to be in the Hunger Games. Then again, nobody deserves that. 
Best series conclusion
This will have to be Library of Souls. The plot built up to this very book, without making anything too confusing. Jacob chose his path. I panicked during the last chapter. All was well in the end, thank goodness.


2 comments:

  1. I agree with Pretty Little Liars! It should've stopped on the 6th or 7th book.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It dragged on for far too long and A got sloppy. It was kind of disappointing...

      Delete

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!