(links are to my review)
- Summer Days & Summer Nights, edited by Stephanie Perks - 8.25/10
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - 8/10
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - 9/10
- Inferno by Dan Brown - 8/10
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton - 8.5/10
- Twelve Kings of Sharakhai by Bradley P. Beaulieu - 7/10
I'd call this quite a productive July! So, from the ratings, I'd say my favourite was A Court of Mist and Fury, followed by Rebel of the Sands - two books I'd been putting off for a while. My expectations were met and I enjoyed both books a lot! However, I was a little disappointed by Twelve Kings of Sharakhai. I picked it up because of the compelling blurb and cool cover, but the story itself was not that enjoyable. It was really slow, jumping back and forth from past and present, and action was minimal except for the scenes where Çeda fights in the arena. More on that later.
August Book Haul & TBR
I went on a shopping spree for books yesterday for no reason. We never need reasons to buy books, right? :)
1. How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne. Yes, another Holly Bourne book! I adore all her books, especially the ones in this series. It's the second book in the Normal series, but this time about Amber, our hardcore feminist! I'm really excited for this one!
*Inner Potterhead takes over* YYESSS LET'S GET READING! CAN'T WAIT! YAAAAAAS! Ahem, excuse my shrieking. :P All over Instagram, people were so hyped and so excited - and I was too! Many people also talked about waiting hours in line, but here? I'm lucky to live in a place where not many people read at all, let alone Harry Potter. So, quite easy to get your hands on books you want :)
4. My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier. I saw this book on Cait @ Paper Fury's blog, on her post on Australian Recommendations, and I thought it was a really intriguing book. It's a YA Thriller - goodness knows I don't get enough of that genre in my life. If you also want some horror in your life, read it too!
That's it for today! Have you read any of the books mentioned above? What did you think? Feel free to drop me a comment, I'd really appreciate it! :)