So, I finally got round to watching Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! The trailer looked really really good, and I was really excited to see it! I had some minor doubts, such as them changing Emma's ability in the movie, but in the end, I went.
- It stuck to the book (mostly) which I was glad about. Okay, I lied a tiny bit. The ending was not at all like the book, which threw me off a bit. I thought it was going to cut off when Jake was being dramatic with his "I've got a plan" line, but then it continued.
- The creepy music and photos right in the beginning was perfect. It really set the scene and made my heart race a little :)
- TIM BURTON!
- Loved the jump-scares >:D
- I loved how Tim Burton could easily maintain the eerie and slightly creepy atmosphere of the book. Every moment was thrilling to me.
- Emma's ability switch from fire (books) to air (movie) wasn't that bad. It wasn't absolutely critical to the movie for Emma to have her air ability, but it was quite useful a number of times.
- Asa Butterfield as Jake? A+
- The ending was pretty nice and sweet, but everything seems to be solved so I don't know if there will be a sequel or not. I'd love one, but I don't know where it would be going...
- This film was a nice break from all the action-dystopia movies we get in the YA film adaptation category these days.
So, have you watched this movie yet? If so, did you like it? Hope to see your responses! :)