Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day & OTPs - All Ships Set Sail!

Since today is Valentine's Day and I never pass up an opportunity to talk about my OTPs, I've decided to make a post about my OTPs!

~ Book OTPs ~

Percabeth

Pairing: Percy Jackson x Annabeth Chase
Book: PJO, HoO
Canon? : YES
When I began shipping: I began shipping it since the Titan's Curse (a bit late? I know) when Percy wouldn't stop for anything until he found Annabeth. I think Rick Riordan paced their relationship very well - not too fast, not too slow, with enough chemistry between them. They're so compatible and so cute!

Solangelo

Pairing: Nico di Angelo x Will Solace
Book: Blood of Olympus
Canon? : Yes(?)
When I began shipping: Literally the second Nico returned to Camp Half Blood and ran into Will. Will is like a fluffy overprotective mother hen! Nico is the grumpy kitten! YES I LOVE IT.

Maxerica

Pairing: Maxon Schreave x America Singer
Book: The Selection series
Canon? : Definitely!
When I began shipping: First meeting, when America began yelling at him. It was quite amusing, really. They had their ups and downs, but I was sure America was going to choose Maxon over Aspen. It was obvious.

Wessa and Jessa

Pairing: Will Herondale x Tessa Gray and Jem Carstairs x Tessa Gray
Book: The Infernal Devices
Canon? : Yep!
When I began shipping: It's difficult to choose between Wessa and Jessa. I ship them both equally. I'm glad Tessa ends up with both - just at different time periods. Phew! Now both of my ships are canon and life is much easier :)


Ren x Kelsey

Pairing: Ren x Kelsey
Book: Tiger's Curse
Canon? : Yes!
When I began shipping: I had some major conflicts between shipping Kelsey with Ren or Kishan, but I think I prefer Ren a bit more. He's so sweet, awkward, modest and everything! Their relationship is sooooo cute (*squealing at the thought*) and I'm shipping it so bad!

~ TV Show OTPs ~

Destiel

Pairing: Castiel x Dean Winchester
Show: Supernatural
Canon? : No(t yet) ;)
When I began shipping: I started shipping the two even before Castiel entered Supernatural! Blame it on the edits and the fanfiction. Now I've seen their interaction on the show, I do hope that they canon one day. *Season 11 spoilers* Though now with Dean's 'attraction' to Amara, I don't know if this is possible. Who ships Damara? I don't :( *Spoiler over*


Merthur

Pairing: Merlin x Arthur Pendragon
Show: Merlin
Canon? : Yes  Technically, no.
When I began shipping: Season 1, Episode 1. Their first interaction was hilarious! After that, all scenes between Merlin and Arthur were the best! Then there's that thing that happened during the series finale... I cry every time I remember ;(

Other OTPs I didn't mention

Gabriel x Nathan (Half Bad), Katniss x Peeta (THG), Kaz x Inej (Six of Crows), all couples from the Lunar Chronicles, Aristotle x Dante (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe), and Stiles x Derek (Teen Wolf)


10 comments:

  1. Percabeth is the best!! I still haven't finished Blood of Olympus yet so I'm excited to find out about this Nico + Will thing! And of course, the Lunar Chronicles couples and Maxerica are so awesome. Great picks!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERCABTH IS LIFE. #noregrets They're probably one of my favorite book couples of all time - their relationship is perfect. And Solangelo is adorable too! Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Percabeth and Solangelo are the cutest couples ever!

      Delete
  3. YES YES YES!!! I absolutely adore Percabeth and Solangolo! I honestly cannot get over them. They are absolutely amazing in so many ways! I completely agree with you about having trouble picking between Wessa and Jessa. I can never choose between the two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesse and Wessa... can you even ship one and not the other? I was so torn reading TID!

      Delete
  4. Yes! Percabeth!!!!! Sterek too! :) I loved reading this because OMG these ships are all too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuteness levels 1000%! Haha, thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. ALL THE FEELS! I agree with everything on this list, but I think Merthur hurts the most! That ending :( It's been so many years and it still pains me:( And Wessa of course. That epilogue just dry my tearducts! Love this list!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?? The ending for Merlin is so sad... :( </3 Plus, the epilogue of TID also made me cry so much! UGH Cassandra Clare just knows how to mess with our feelings! :)

      Delete

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!