Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ruler of Books Tag

Hi everyone! After a long while, I'm back with another tag! So, I'd like to start off with a huge THANKS to Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog for tagging me in this :) You can find her post here. Without further ado, let us begin!


Not my picture. Credits to Caroline :)

1. What book would you make everyone read?

I would probably make everyone read Illuminae, because it's such a unique book and I enjoyed every aspect of it!

2. What would you abolish from book construction?

Probably the fact that there are some books where the next chapter follows directly from the last sentence on the same page. I mean:

blah blah blah. (end of chapter)

Chapter 3 (for example)

I don't know why, it just makes it a lot more difficult to read. There are no breaks whatsoever and my poor eyes water. 

3. What author would you commission to write every book ever? OR what author would you commission to write a book for you?

So many authors to choose from! My top 5 will be:
1. J.K Rowling
2. Cassandra Clare
3. Rick Riordan
4. Suzanne Collins
5. Sarah J. Maas

4. What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?

I would probably pick Paper Towns by John Green *hides from angry mob*. I really didn't enjoy the book or the movie, for that matter. I don't get what the hype is all about, but oh well. 

5. What cover artist would you commission to paint a beautiful mural?

I'd get Alison Klapthor, who designed the cover of A Thousand Pieces of You! It looks amazing and having a mural like that? SO cool!

6. What character's face would you put on a coin?

I'd put Katniss Everdeen on one of them, because she's one of the most badass protagonists I've ever read about. No one comes close. Not even Tris.

7. What book would you give the Ruler of Books award of 2016 to?

Oh, I've read so many good books in 2016, so how do I choose? I think my top 2 books of 2016 are A Court of Mist and Fury and A Gathering of Shadows! I equally loved the two of these books! :)

So, I hope you enjoyed reading this little tag! Now, I nominate:


And anyone else who wants to join in! :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me!! I love your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I look forward to seeing your answers! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'd totally want Rick Riordan to write books for me. I also would put John Green books on the basement as well. Thanks for tagging me Cloe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick Riordan is the best! Can't wait to see your answers :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination, Cloe!

    I totally agree with #2. It makes it so hard to read and it's also so much harder for me to separate the book into sections and think about each thing that happened. If it's structured one chapter right after another, my eyes tend to skim over the new chapter marking and then I'll reach the end of the book and I'll have read so fast I don't remember some of the smaller nuances which makes it SO hard to write a review!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is really difficult! It just feels like the whole book is one big long paragraph of some sorts, and my eyes water.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I’m so glad you got to this! :D So sorry I only just saw it though! ^-^ I love your answers!!!

    Caroline @ just another bookish blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no problem! Thanks for reading though :)

      Delete

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!